For a dresser in Sienna's room, I hit up the local Salvation Army which is my favorite place for thrift furniture. This piece was begging for some love and with a price tag of $45 it seemed like a great buy. After taking off the drawer pulls, sanding it down, priming it, and putting some pretty coats of hot pink that I had leftover from my pink bedroom wall at our first house. I spray painted the handles with a few coats of gray spray paint I had on hand.
Here is a sneak peak of her pretty pink dresser. More pictures to come!
And here is a picture of my big DIY fail. I bought this little vintage dresser first to use as a changing table. Originally, I was going to have two dressers in the room but ended up with one since I messed this one up. I painted the frame of the dresser white and the drawers gray and even bought the prettiest crystal-like knobs. Then, I decided to put the drawers back in. They wouldn't fit. The drawers wouldn't go back in and the one that barely fit, would not open again. I think the paint was too thick that it caused it to not open and close. So the dresser now sits in storage until I can think of a better thing to do with it. I realized I didn't want two dressers in her room anyways. :)