Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sienna's Room: Closet Glam

The next project I did in Sienna's Room was to make the closet pretty. 

It was just a boring closet with oak doors, oak trim, dingy white walls and a generic shelf and rod before I completely made it over. Here is the before when we first moved in the house with the green paint and all. 

I painted the room gray - Revere Pewter by Benjamin Moore and the trim Alabaster White by Sherwin Williams. The inside of the closet needed a serious coat of paint so I painted it Alabaster White as well, to match the trim. 

I had leftover hot pink paint that I had custom made for our bedroom wall at our old house. To make the closet more fun, I painted the shelf and rod hot pink.




Next, I ordered 1-inch silver metallic dot stickers from Amazon for under $10. Here is a link to similar labels. I know you can get vinyl dots made for the walls, but these were really cheap and I think they will come off easily someday if needed. 

I used a ruler/level to make sure the stickers were spaced equally and straight. I spaced them about 10 inches apart horizontally and vertically from the center of each dot. This was pretty time consuming, but I loved the results!






Here is the final result... 

It is hard to get a good picture because they are reflective. It looks a little different now with the clothes hanging and curtains, but I will show more pictures soon! 





No comments:

Post a Comment