Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

25 Before I turn 25

I wrote for my "New Years" post about not having any resolutions/goals for the new year because I had my own list of goals to accomplish before my birthday and never returned to that topic. Last June I wrote a list of goals for myself to get done before my birthday. I called it my "24 goals before I turned 24" List. Here are some of the goals that I accomplished from June - February:

* Go to the Dentist :)
* Seal the Grout
* Clean out the Garage and park two cars in the garage
* Finish the retaining wall in our basement
* Finish our Honeymoon Scrapbook
* Get window covering for all the windows without (I lived almost 3 years in the house without blinds on some windows! It was about time!)
* Give the Master Bedroom a mini-makeover
* Read the New Testament
* Read 15 books (amazing because I barely read a whole book since graduating)
* Try 24 new recipes (Todd liked this one!)

And of course there were others...

So this birthday I sat down and made a new list. I am hoping that I can accomplish it all before my birthday next year. My birthday is Valentine's Day - so my deadline to finish this list is Feb. 14, 2012.


25 Goals Before I Turn 25
  1.          Read the whole Bible
  2.          Start a vegetable garden and plant flowers in my garden
  3.          Learn to Crochet/Knit
  4.          Sew a Quilt
  5.          Learn how to coupon
  6.          Take Surveys online to get gift cards
  7.          Repaint the Deck and spruce it up
  8.          Print off/document photos from the last three years
  9.          Decorate a nursery
  10. Paint all the trim/doors in the house
  11. Build a Piece of Furniture
  12. Get better at taking photos 
  13. Try to further my Arbonne business
  14. Buy my first Mac Computer
  15. Rearrange and spruce up the Basement
  16. Update the Upstairs Bathroom
  17. Redecorate the Basement Bathroom and fix up some things
  18. Spruce up a few things in the Kitchen and living room
  19. Get Window Boxes on the front of the house
  20. Reupholster a piece of furniture
  21. Blog regularly 
  22. Make the Guest Bedroom a place guests would like to stay
  23. Continue to build up our savings and start a College Fund for Baby
  24. Exercise 230 Times
  25. Read 25 Books – at least 12 “personal growth”


So there we have it - the inevitable goal list. It really helps me focus on things that I think are important and want to accomplish. I have been working on some... but I better get busy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment