Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

one.

 My baby boy turned one today. I have mixed emotions about today. On the one hand, I am super excited about him being a year old and all the amazing memories that we have shared over the past year. Everyday he is learning or discovering new things and I LOVE it. It is so amazing to see things through a different perspective - the perspective of my child. Mundane things, or things I would never be excited to do, are suddenly fun because he is experiencing it for the first time. This age is so fun.

But on the other hand, I am a bit nostalgic about the fact that he is no longer an infant, or a baby even. The past day, I have been reflecting on the events that were taking place a year ago. The events seem like they happened only yesterday and yet at the same time, lifetimes ago. You think you will easily remember all the details from that day, but yet time moves on and it is hard to remember his wrinkly body and shrieking cry. There are many parts of his birth I DON'T want to remember (like all the pain and all the recovery/new mom stuff after), but I wish I could go back and just cuddle the little 7 pound, 14 ounce bundle of joy just for a minute. Go back to the moment that they put him on my chest and soak it up.

This year has gone by way too fast. Everyone tells you that they grow up fast, and they are absolutely right. There were many times in the past year that it is hard to enjoy the moment, like the fact that he still has only slept through the night only a handful of times. Even the times that are hard to cherish, I still need to soak those moments up. Someday I will look back and long for those sleepless nights.

 This year has gone by so fast and this next year will probably only go faster. I am one proud momma when it comes to my boy! He has such a fun personality and I am excited to see how it develops in the next year. Happy 1st Birthday dear son! I love you so much and will try to soak up as many moments in the next year as you grow and discover in this coming year!

                                                                 My dear Brecken - the day of his birth. Here is his birth story



No comments:

Post a Comment