Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Wedding Week: The Ceremony

In honor of our 4th Wedding Anniversary tomorrow, I talked yesterday about the the pictures at our wedding. Today I am back with photos of our ceremony.  It was held in the auditorium of the school I grew up in. I went to chapel weekly in this auditorium, participated in music concerts, DARE graduation, and high school graduation. It held alot of significance and was the perfect place to say "I Do."

The front of the church was decorated with a trellis, flowers and trees we fished out of a dumpster after a friend's wedding. We painted them black and added candles. We also rented pink spotlights to illuminate the background and it added a cool effect.



 Before the ceremony, I gathered with my bridesmaids and my mom and mother-in-law in the room I went to preschool in. We took pictures, ate some food, and they gathered around me and prayed for me, Todd and our future. It was a heartwarming time in the last few moments of me being a single lady.  


 Then came the processional. The grandparents, parents, bridesmaids, ringbearers and flower girl went down the flower petal and candleabra lined aisle. Then came my turn.


 I remember the rest of the ceremony, but at times it seems like a dream. It was something I imagined in my mind so many times, but now it was happening. There in front of our family and friends, we promised to spend the rest of our lives together.










We paraded through a sea of bubbles as husband and wife to the limo that would whisk us away to the reception. Stay tuned. Next up in about the reception.





1 comment:

  1. I remember this like it was yesterday!! You had a beautiful day!!!

    ReplyDelete