Pages

Sunday, January 13, 2013

100

Happy One-Hundred! 

I just realized this was my 100th post to the blog... kinda exciting - also not a big deal at all. :)

I had big plans for the month of January - to dive into my new goals and start accomplishing. My plan was to break down my goals into bite-sized pieces and have monthly goals. I then would have some weekly goals to work towards my monthly goal. I know, I know, I know... I'm weird and I make too many lists...

I was going to post my January goals but now that the month is half over and some other things that are going on - I'm scratching my January list. I love planning but you just can't plan everything. It just doesn't happen like that... something I am realizing and trying to come to grips with.

Just this past weekend I spent alot of time with my family and at the bedside of my sweet grandma. She is on hospice and the family was called. There were many precious moments of holding her hand as she  peacefully slept. After battling many health setbacks the past two months, her body is so weak. It has been emotionally draining to see her in this state the last two days, but yet I am incredibly thankful for the tender moments of holding her soft hands and kissing her cheek. I wouldn't trade these moments for the world.

So, I'm throwing out the list this month and focusing on what is really important - family and getting through this tough time. Maybe I will come back with goals for February - but for now I am not going to worry about lists and goals and the to-dos which I so easily get distracted with.

No comments:

Post a Comment