Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello New Year


Happy New Year! I hope you all had a great start to the new year today.  I always love the start of a new year, partly because of the clean slate the new calendar brings and the hopes and dreams of what  the next year could bring. I also love reflecting on what the past year has brought, both the blessings, changes, and what I can work on for the next year. 2012 was a great year, with our biggest blessing this year being Brecken and watching him grow from a five-month-old baby in January to the crazy, fun-loving seventeen-month-old toddler at Christmas.

Another part of the new year that I love is setting new goals. I am such a list maker, so it wouldn't be a surprise that I've been working on writing my goals for the new year. I don't call them resolutions because those don't stick. I do goals - ones that I can work towards for the year that are realistic - and nothing crazy like giving up chocolate - because, let's face it, that would NEVER happen. For the last two years, I've been doing my goals starting on my birthday - "25 goals til I turn 25," ect. but I've burned out shortly after writing the list. I got a few things done on the list, but because there was 25- 26 items on the list, I got overwhelmed and gave up. So onto the new year lists like everyone else does. I have to finish my 2013 list and then you can bet I will be posting it so that it's published somewhere and I have to stick to it! I can tell you though, blogging more regularly is on the list! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment