Pages

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Alphabet Magnets

This is the easiest craft tutorial you'll ever see...maybe it's almost too easy... I don't think I would even call it a craft. 

We had an over-crowded frog bath caddy and the foam alphabet letters were not fitting anymore. Brecken is really in to learning letters right now so I thought it would be great to let him play with them more instead of keeping them in the bathroom. My idea? Add magnets so that he could use them on the  kitchen magnet/chalk wall, even though the foam letters had many chew marks.


I picked up a roll of craft magnets at Hobby Lobby for $4.99. 


 The magnets were self-adhesive and I cut strips from the magnet roll and placed multiple magnets on each letter and number. For some reason, magnets wouldn't stick to a few of the letters so I got out my glue gun. 


Worked like a charm! The magnets all stuck to the wall... and Brecken LOVES his new alphabet magnets! 



Someday, when Brecken is older, I could write the letters on the chalkboard and he could match the magnets to them. Too advanced for him now, but soon it could be another learning tool!


And all the magnets fit in a little basket, along with a little box of chalks. 


And that, my friends, is probably the easiest craft you'll ever make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment